Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

emachines dont boot help me plz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hellsektor

hellsektor

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hi i got a laptop emachines And it dont turn on anymore when i presse the power button the light in it light on but Idont hear any fan or boot sounds that is supposed to be done help me plz I need my laptop for work and now I'm screwed..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

This is probably hardware related but try the following.

Remove the battery and power adapter. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Attach the power adapter but do not replace the main battery. Try to boot. Another thing to look at is replacing your CMOS battery. A dead CMOS battery can cause a computer to not boot.

#3 hellsektor

hellsektor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

I tried the battery trick and it didn't work. Somebody told me that it may be the hard disk or a hardware problem. If someone know something to help I'll appreciate it. Otherwise I think I'll go to the tech over here..

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

You said in the post I have just locked that you had changed the hard drive. Where did this hard drive come from ?  Just because it has the same O/S as the one you took out does not mean it will run in the emachine computer. You need the specific chipset drivers and the rest of the hardware drivers.

Some more information would be useful - make and model, operating system and version at a mininum.

One thing you could try, is see if it will boot from a 'live' - ie self-booting - CD such as a Windows install disc or Puppy Linux. If it doesn't have a CD drive you can install Puppy on a memory stick and try booting from that. If you need such a disc, you can get 'Puppy' - and instructions on how to use it - from here :

http://puppylinux.org/main/Overview%20and%20Getting%20Started.htm

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users