Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Security Essentials scans by itself for no reason

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Benie

Benie

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

This is kind of a followup of my previous thread, where it(Microsoft Security Essentials) reported a password stealer caused by downloading Gamebooster.

I haven't had any problems with my computer since then. Haven't had any security breaches, so it looks like that thing was stopped before it could do anything.

But since then, Microsoft Security Essentials is scanning by itself, such as today, it's scanned twice, both were full scans. I don't got the program set to automatically scan, except at 6pm on Monday. But sometimes it scanned on Saturday.

Now, I haven't seen it scanning every day. I'm just confused. Now, it's good to have my computer safe, but... still would like to know why it keeps scanning when I don't tell it to.

And after it does its scan, it always finds nothing.

Edited by Benie, 04 August 2014 - 06:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users