Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Glory Be!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Treikayan

Treikayan

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:26 AM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I came across this site while using Yahoo! Search to find solutions to a "Virtumonde" problem for a computer. Any ideas where to start? I read the "read first" topic and I'm ready to get started.
Procrastinate Now!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:50 AM

Hello, Treikayan.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
Try this:
How To Remove Winfixer / Virtumonde / Msevents / Trojan.vundo.b
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:11 AM

Welcome to BC Treikayan! :thumbsup: Good luck with curing your Winfixer problem, but the fix tg1911 should cure your infection, so luck won't be needed! :flowers:
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#4 Treikayan

Treikayan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:18 AM

Thank you for the welcomes and the link.

Vundo Fix
VirtumundoBegone

I downloaded the files that were in the linked topic to D-Trojanator but I didn't run them yet. Has anyone tried these with success? I don't want to botch up the computer any more than it is. It's just a safe concern before I run the programs.
Procrastinate Now!!!

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:31 AM

The fix is safe, but now that you've posted a HijackThis log, I wouldn't worry about this.
A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.
Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Treikayan

Treikayan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

I just used the FixVundo.exe and it seemed to work. It showed some funky files in the system32 folder. I deleted them, re-ran LavaSoft Ad-Aware and there were no critical points in the Registry - just one in the MRU.

Thank you once again for the links. :thumbsup:
Procrastinate Now!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users