Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help W older game (2003 release) on my modern PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PieLam

PieLam

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hey all,

I've been wrestling with this problem for almost a week now.  I'm beginning to think that I should just give-up.  But, if I do, then I feel as if this problem has defeated me, which is NOT my nature.

I've come here on BC because I've had good positive responses in the past.

OK, the game in question is RailRoad Tycoon III or RRT3 by Gathering of Developers or GOD games released in 2003.

My PC is one that I built in Sep of last year. It's an Asus M5A99X MoBo with an AMD 4170 CPU & 8GB DDR3 RAM.  The video card is also an Asus GeForce.  I have both a wireless Logitech KB & Trackball.

My OS is Win 7(64) home, upgraded to Pro.

I upgraded my OS about a year ago (on an older HP PC) after I discovered that I needed Pro or higher to be able to run older XP software.

So, last week, I finally went to the MS website to DL this virtual PC software.  After jumping through a few hoops, I tried to install Virtual PC.  I thought it was a done deal, but about 2/3 of the way through, it aborted!  I haven't a clue as to why it aborted. The window that popped up didn't cite any type of error, only to just try again.  I was angry & confused.

The next day, I decided to try virtual PC again.  I discovered then that virtual PC had created a shortcut in my start menu.  I got excited, thinking that somehow it was installed after-all, but, of course, the shortcut didn't do anything.  I then thought "I should've known"   ...  So, I begrudgingly restarted the install, but even before it would start, it aborted and told me that it was already installed...  Hmmm, really?

After i "uninstalled" virtual PC, I restarted the install.  This time it went but aborted again just like it did on the previous day!

I kept trying the game, W/O using virtual PC.  The best I could get was a start-game display, but no visible pointer & no clicking at all.

I'm game to try almost anything to get this game to work.  If you can help me out please do.

I know RT3 is an old old game, but it's important to me due to my current circumstances...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/cannot-run-rollercoaster-tycoon-3-platinum-on/6a97c084-b16a-4462-8d51-4459c231ed18

Scroll down to

ChazGeorge replied on October 16, 2012

Hopefully it'll help your cause!

#3 PieLam

PieLam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Hopefully it'll help your cause!

Thanx for the reply...I'll let you know how things go...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users