Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bootable CD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Speedytwitch

Speedytwitch

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hi,

I apologise for my ignorance but I need help to make a bootable cd for a computer that will not boot at all. It says that it cannot read from the HDD and when I go into the BIOS I have 2 options HDD or CD. Hence need help to make bootable disk.

I've looked on the internet as to how but have got confused so decided to come to the people who I know will help me and can answer my extremely blonde questions...... Apologises to all blondes.

The computer is a Toshiba running Windows XP home but it has been updated very much so I don't know what service pack it might have if any??

Can anyone help me.

Thank you

Cate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

What is the exact wording of the error message, please?

Is the hard drive properly reflected in the main screen of the BIOS?

What model Toshiba system is this?

Louis

#3 Speedytwitch

Speedytwitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Hi Louis,

Thank you for replying and I apologise for mot having come back to you but the problem is now fixed.

I'M still not sure why initially the XP disc didn't work but eventually third time  I might add it loaded and the machine is now up and running.

Thank you again.

Cate

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for letting us know that it's resolved...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users