Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop hd has to be unplugged/plugged back in to work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 buddyclm

buddyclm

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

I have an Acer Aspire laptop that part of the time when it is turned on will boot into Windows 7, although it is pretty sluggish once in Windows.  The other part of the time, when it boots it says that no bootable media is detected error.  In the BIOS, it is set as hard drive first, and the BIOS recognizes the hard drive.  If I remove the hard drive and plug it back in, the computer will boot into Windows one time, then back to the no bootable media detected error.  I have also gone into the BIOS and told it to use the defaults.  I took the hard drive out and plugged it into a hard drive doc on my desktop to copy files off just in case.  When I clicked on my user name it took probably a good 10 minutes for it to show me the files/folders under my user profile.  The hard drive is a 320 GB Toshiba SATA.  Would you think the problem is the hard drive or the connector on the motherboard for the hard drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Sounds like the hard drive is dying, I would get a new drive and swap it out, they are relatively cheap, so even if it is the motherboard (I give it around a 5% chance of being the motherboard not the hard drive) you arent out a bunch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users