Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DLL files are invisible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thecommoneye

thecommoneye

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hello good day everyone,

So yesterday my friend downloaded some of dll files to run a game but after downloading all those dll files the game still wont run. She decided to uninstall the game and delete those dll files but all the dll files she downloaded are become invisible. That time she begun freaking out, she googled everything to remove those dll but she cant find any answer. She download the one of those .dll again, extracted it in her desktop and when she copy-pasted it on the location which the .dll located a message pop-up says if she will overwrite it. She sent me some screenshots provided so you guys can see it and hope it will fix her problem

This is where she copy-pasted the .dll but you clearly see its not there, I already arranged that by names. The dll name is zlib1.dll 

ap9tsx.png

And when she try copy-pasting the .dll with a new. Its clear that the dll is invisible I never encountered this problem.

md1s2s.png

Please help us guys to solve this problem cuz she's really freaking out

NoteToMods: If this is not the correct section please don't delete my thread.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Man_1n_Black

Man_1n_Black

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

The dll file is there alright its just that its display property is set to 'hidden' so you cant see it.

To show hidden files:

Go to the control panel and select 'Folder Options'

Click on the 'view' tab and check the radio button for 'show hidden files and folders'

Click OK and at least now you will be able to see it.

Edited by Man_1n_Black, 03 August 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Regards,
Phil
Linux user     |     #564977

#3 Go The Power

Go The Power

• BC Advisor
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

Hello,

The file might also be a hidden system file. When you inside Folder Options -> tick the option that says Hide Hidden System and Files. Make sure when your done you select this option back again.

#4 thecommoneye

thecommoneye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

The dll file is there alright its just that its display property is set to 'hidden' so you cant see it.

To show hidden files:

Go to the control panel and select 'Folder Options'

Click on the 'view' tab and check the radio button for 'show hidden files and folders'

Click OK and at least now you will be able to see it.

Hello,

The file might also be a hidden system file. When you inside Folder Options -> tick the option that says Hide Hidden System and Files. Make sure when your done you select this option back again.

Thanks for replying!

I did all what you guys said but still I cant see it. Is there any tool for removing it? Btw I'm using Windows7 64bit.

2mxim40.png

Edited by thecommoneye, 04 August 2014 - 12:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users