Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to load windows recovery error 0x800700b7 reg prob.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 wildcardej

wildcardej

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

included frst txt. Computer ran fine moved and sat unplugged for two weeks now wont load into windows repair cannot fix and recovery brings error listed in title. tried basic troubleshooting made sure hardware was seated nothing unplugged think its a registry problem virus etc. I have two computers that I have built that went down at the same time both with the same exact parts except the case. other computer has different symptoms though it freezes in windows and bios everything is seated correctly and tried diff sticks of ram etc. nothing working though and need help with that one also I don't know if there was some sort of virus that infected my computers or what because I didn't have them networked. just really weird. please fill me in on the issues that are causing this so I may learn from them. any help would be greatly appreciated. if you can call me to make things easier plse jst ask for my number and will do. thnk you ahead of time for any help im stumped at this point and cant get anywhere without dedicating a boat load of time to research and etc. thnk u thnk u thnk uAttached File  FRST.txt   11.44KB   8 downloads also when frst ran it said no disk in drive \device\harddrive4\dr4

Edited by wildcardej, 03 August 2014 - 03:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

:welcome:

Download the enclosed file. 

Save it in the same location FRST is saved.

Run FRST, except that this time around click on the Fix button and wait.

The tool will make a log in the same location FRST is saved (Fixlog.txt), Please post it to your reply.

Restart in normal mode and let me know the outcome.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 wildcardej

wildcardej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

I ran the fix and it was unsuccessful the log is as follows,  tried to restore again as well and got the same error code. I have no option for safe mode and looked at registry to attempt a fix that Microsoft had on a forum but the registry name was not there and could not change the schedule item they spoke of. so I hope you got some more up your sleeve it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

#4 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,317 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

Please re-scan with FRST and post the new FRST.txt log.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 wildcardej

wildcardej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

it states while running the scan no disk in drive\device\harddrive4\dr4 and I just clicked continue to finish the scan does this matter?????

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   11.33KB   1 downloads

#6 wildcardej

wildcardej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Also, I am using FRST64 from a post of yours from 2012 and I don't know if there is an updated version of the program that I should be using?

#7 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,317 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

The link will be always updated. Lets restore the Registry to June, 17, and see if there is a change.

The tool will make a log in the same location FRST is saved (Fixlog.txt), Please post it to your reply.

Restart in Normal Mode or Safe Mode and let me know the outcome.

If unsuccessful, re-scan with FRST and post the new FRST.txt log.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#8 wildcardej

wildcardej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

It was not successful again at booting into windows, and there where no new errors or anything.  I hope we still have a few things we can try im just frustrated with how both pcs went out around the same time. the other pc has a different set of symptoms though it freezes in both windows and bios and im still in the process of troubleshooting that one. thank you again for all your help and I hope we can get this figured out im more interested in finding out why now that actually getting the system to work lol. thnx again

Attached Files

#9 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,317 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Please download  Listparts to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC and turn it Off.

From an Off position, start the computer and enter the System Recovery Options as follows:

To enter the System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Click on  Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\ListParts.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\ListParts64.exe)  and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Put check mark on List BCD.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (Result.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste this log on your reply.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#10 wildcardej

wildcardej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

initially I was not able to boot into windows after fix. then I was able too finally get to the menu and booted into safe mode where I went to msconfig and unchecked all services and startups. I have been going through them enabling processes I know are safe and am giving up for the night, and awaiting your response. this time when I ran frst there was no,  no disk in drive\device

harddrive4\dr4, error. It also had another report that I included which it called addition. so currently I am in windows normally with processes I believe to be secure and have seen a few things that caught my eye mainly from avg that look suspicious like the roc_roc_july which are supposed to be ok but there are other july live process aplications that are running as well that im not used to seeing, but then again I haven't been in my msconfig for a while. thnx again for your continued help.

Sincerely, Eli Jacobson

Attached Files

#11 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,317 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

I am glad you are able to boot in Normal Mode. We still have Zero Access Entries.

Download AdwCleaner from here. Save the file to the desktop.

NOTE: If you are using IE 8 or above you may get a warning that stops the program from downloading. Just click on the warning and allow the download to complete.

Close all open windows and browsers.
  • XP users: Double click the AdwCleaner icon to start the program.
  • Vista/7/8 users: Right click the AdwCleaner icon on the desktop, click Run as administrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner.
You will see the following console:

AdwScan.jpg?
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to finish.
  • After the Scan has finished the window may or may not show what it found and above, in the progress bar, you will see: Pending. Please uncheck elements you don't want to remove.
  • Click the Clean button.
  • Everything checked will be deleted.
  • When the program has finished cleaning a report appears.Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this

adwcleaner_delete_restart.jpg
  • On reboot a log will be produced please copy / paste that in your next reply. This report is also saved to C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt

bf_new.gif Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup-2.0..exe to install the application. (The revision number may vary.)
  • Select the language and click OK.
  • Accept the agreement
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Enable the Free Trial and Launch
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click on finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Scan Now".
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click on Quanrantee All,.
  • When disinfection is completed, a dialog will open and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • Upon restart, launch Malwarebytes Antimalware and select History.
  • Double click on the last scan done, then on Copy to Clipboard.
  • Right click on your next reply and select Paste.
  • Submit your reply.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#12 wildcardej

wildcardej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:38 AM

adwcleaner crashes and upon rescan lists these two items, but continues to crash each time I clean.

under folders, C:\ProgramData\AVG Secure Search, and under Chrome,

##### C:\Users\wildcardej\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\Default\preferences #####

I'm going to restart and try disabling avg and see if I can run cleaner without a crash. I disabled avg from startup but could not stop two avg items under services.

I restarted and ran adwcleaner again, but it crashed when trying to clean. the only difference is this time after the scan the AVG Secure Search under folders was not there. The item under Chrome was still there though.

Attached Files

Edited by wildcardej, 08 August 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#13 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,317 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and post its report.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#14 wildcardej

wildcardej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

forums went out last night and I couldn't get that to you darnit I didn't think u would get on that early. k

So i ran malewarebytes and it found some items that i quarantined. It did not ask for a restart, though upon trying to copy the report the software crashed. I restarted and tried again and it crashed. I then tried to export the file, but nothing happend. Im attaching two screenshots of the report and the items in quarantine. Notice that the report is blank except for the page format, my info is not there. im trying to put up screenshots but its saying im ecceding my alotted disk space for the forum java also just failed to dl its update files that's weird everything was working normally up until last night for some reason. the screenshot of the items it quarantined is formatted in a .png which I cant upload for some reason.

Edited by wildcardej, 08 August 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#15 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,317 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Save it as a .jpg file and upload.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
  • Internet Services
  • Windows Firewall
  • System Restore
  • Security Center
  • Windows Update
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
  •  

Security check

Download and run Security Check by screen317 and post its report.

btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users