Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and keyboard frozen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Turned on the pc normally and after booted and have the desktop con view bit when I use the mouse it moved as usual and after a few sreconds it is frozen and the same happens with the keyboard because no responde any keys.The same happens un safe mide. Unable to turn off the pc excepto by disconnecting the cord. Any help is welcome. Thanks un avance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CheshireCat

CheshireCat

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hi mloo55,

Are both these items corded? Also, are the mouse and keyboard new? Is the computer? Try using an older mouse/keyboard and see if those work. The more information we have the better the chances of finding a solution. 

Regards,

Daniel.

#3 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Daniel,
Both the mouse and keyboard are corded and are old. I am unable to use them, anyway I will try to send more información.
Rgds
Mloo55

#4 CheshireCat

CheshireCat

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Have you been using these parts together for a while and only suddenly this is happening? Any other information would really help.

Regards,

Daniel.

#5 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

I was switched off normally in the nigth and next day when was turn on happened this problem, it was

using to see the mails only, as she told me. I can do nothing since the mice nor the keyboard work.

I will see this pc later and advice any other findings.rgds

mloo55

#6 CheshireCat

CheshireCat

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Hi mloo55,

I suggest you try to plug the mice/keyboard into other USB ports. Check to see if a proper connection is made and try and boot up the computer. If it again doesn't work unplug and put them back in to see if the computer reacts to "new hardware" plugged in. If not try to borrow a mouse/keyboard from someone to see if those work. Let me know what happens.

Regards,

Daniel.

#7 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Daniel, you are rigth I switched the connector to a usb port and there it worked fine. The problem is the

input for ps2 keyboard connector. Now it is being usein with the usb port.

thanks

mloo55

#8 CheshireCat

CheshireCat

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'm glad it worked out. If you have any other questions, feel free to either post or PM me.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users