Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 mass storage drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jcta79

jcta79

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Hey everyone,

I have a problem. I have an A8N-VM/S mobo. I know its old. I am trying to load win 7 on it and the "No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation." I tried an official win 7 pro dvd, I tried a bootable win 7 usb and still no luck. I went to Asus' website and click on win vista64 OS and only drivers available was the ACPI, and BIOS drivers. 

My conclusion is that this mobo is so old and it wasn't meant to have win 7 installed on it. If anyone has ever ran to this issue or anything similar, some feedback or advice would be much appreciated

GraciasAttached File  MassStorageError.png   179.48KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,619 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Are the drives are detected in BIOS?  Make sure the SATA ports are enabled. You may want to get a new CMOS battery and use the jumper to clear CMOS too. Here is the Manual

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/10083/Asus-A8n-Vm.html

Edit: The only mass storage drivers I have found for the nforce 410/430 are for Vista and XP. It seems Windows 7 should have those as part of the OS.

Edit: If the drives are detected in BIOS and SATA ports enabled,  I found this. Hopefully you can strip out the basic sata drivers out.

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 August 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#3 jcta79

jcta79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Are the drives are detected in BIOS?  Make sure the SATA ports are enabled. You may want to get a new CMOS battery and use the jumper to clear CMOS too. Here is the Manual

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/10083/Asus-A8n-Vm.html

Edit: The only mass storage drivers I have found for the nforce 410/430 are for Vista and XP. It seems Windows 7 should have those as part of the OS.

Edit: If the drives are detected in BIOS and SATA ports enabled,  I found this. Hopefully you can strip out the basic sata drivers out.

Hey JonC_21,

I really appreciate the reply. I tried to install the drivers from the link you sent me, but it was a no go. So I decided to grab a laptop hd laying around install win 7 on that then create an image and transfer it to the 3.5" HDD that I want Win 7 to be installed on. 

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users