Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which monitor is better for me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 liam4040

liam4040

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to tech and I am looking for a new monitor. I am buying a new monitor for multiple reasons: One being I hate the design of my current monitor and the second being that it only has one VGA port. So far I have come across two monitors that I really, really like and i'm not sure which one is better as they are both relatively similar:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-I2369VM-inch-Monitor-50000000/dp/B00BDBWE0Y/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1407012557&sr=1-8

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-EW2440L-inch-Monitor-3000/dp/B00HVCJS8K/ref=sr_1_9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1407012557&sr=1-9#productDetails

(It should also be noted I use my computer a lot to watch videos and movies on and also for gaming)+

If you know of any other monitors for the same price feel free to recommend them, thanks!  :lol: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

I would go with the second one, much better specs for a small increase in price, though just a thought, one does not generally go for the look of the monitor as the initial determining factor, specs should come first, then looks, then price.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

It's important to consider that these are different types of screen using different technologies.  The AOC is a IPS panel, while the BenQ is a VA panel.  IPS is considered the more "high end" of the two technologies.

Here's a fairly short explanation of the different types of LCD screens currently available - http://pcmonitors.info/articles/lcd-panel-types-explored/

Having changed to using IPS monitors I can now really tell the difference and appreciate the better viewing angles and colour rendering over TN panels.  That was one hate of mine was that the colour changed depending on which angle you looked from - well that doesn't happen with IPS monitors. I can't honestly say I've knowingly used a VA monitor to any great extent, but the article linked above explores the pros and cons of the different types.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users