Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! Insane pop-up ads on new computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 novice101

novice101

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

I just bought an ACer Inspire x with Windows 8.1.  I set it up at our business.  I haven't even installed any software yet.  I opened Internet Explorer, typed in and tried to open Google.  Flickering adware kept popping up.  I uninstalled McAfee (which came on the computer) and installed Malwarebyte and Spyblaster.  My husband then installed a software package for our business called ProDemand (it's for auto mechanics).  Now, when he opens ProDemand, adware pop-ups are coming from every side and even give the appearance of being behind the program.  There's also a window telling him he needs to installed Java 12.2 to run the package. He "x'ed" that out and another window telling him he needs to watch some video in the window.  They're not allowing us to operate our software.  Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the adware?!  Thanks so much!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 02 August 2014 - 03:50 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 8. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hi novice101 and :welcome:

Download Screen317 Security Check HERE and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so

Please download MiniToolBox HERE to your desktop to run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users