Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frame Rate Drop In-Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FlyingHonu

FlyingHonu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

My PC when I first bought it worked perfect playing any game I threw at it from high to ultra settings.  Recently though, my computer has been dropping FPS every 2-5 minutes for about 20 seconds and then it goes back to normal.  I've made sure that all of my drivers were up-to-date and they are.  I also uninstalled my display driver & re-installed.  This had nothing to do with the issue but I cleaned out a lot of programs (aka games) that I don't play anymore.  I used the defrag, cleaned temp files and every thing else, virus/malware/etc. scanned and all of that.  The problem still occurs!  Is there any solution?

PC Specs

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit

CPU: AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 32nm Technology

RAM 16.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3

Graphics: XFX Double D Radeon HD 7950 3GB (Link To Image)

HD: 1TB

Edited by FlyingHonu, 02 August 2014 - 03:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Try using System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

Video: Fixing a problem using System Restore

If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.

No suitable restore point, backup, or image available? Kick yourself -- you missed the easy solution, and you're left with digging through Windows' many settings. :(

#3 PCGeek-2014

PCGeek-2014

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Try using System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

No suitable restore point, backup, or image available? Kick yourself -- you missed the easy solution, and you're left with digging through Windows' many settings. :(

Bad advice in my opinion, surely he should be getting help on his issue and not just taking the easy way out.

I'm new to this forum, but I think he needs a proper security analyst to run him through malware/virus removals. That way we can eradicate those issues.

And @OP: Provide your computer specs and the game you are having issues with. Also if it's a laptop, possible overheating?

Edited by PCGeek-2014, 02 August 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#4 FlyingHonu

FlyingHonu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Bad advice in my opinion, surely he should be getting help on his issue and not just taking the easy way out.

I'm new to this forum, but I think he needs a proper security analyst to run him through malware/virus removals. That way we can eradicate those issues.

And @OP: Provide your computer specs and the game you are having issues with. Also if it's a laptop, possible overheating?

I edited my first post with my PC specs.  It's happening in almost every game.  The most I was shocked at was while I was playing CS:GO.  I even switched it to the lowest graphics settings possible and it still occurred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users