Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rebooting problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A18 UNI

A18 UNI

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hi friends,

I am facing a very abnormal problem now a days.a few days back my PC was restarting automatically while I was working on it . then suddenly one day my PC got shutdown by itself and didn't restarted after onning and offing the power many times again it started and this time on rebooting it gave an error message "blue screen error" i thought of downloading blue screen error and to scan and post the report here but I should carelessness.

Now the condition is this that when I on the power the name of the manufacturer is shown and screen turns off before that the CPU turn off and again turn on again and then monitor works but after showing manufacturing company name screen turns off and my PC is not working can anyone please help me out .

Please help me to sort this out .

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

First of all - make and model of computer please. Or if you built it yourself, make and model of the motherboard, processor, PSU and how much RAM you have. And just to make life easier, do you have a CD / DVD drive on this computer ?

It sounds from your description as though your computer is going into the BIOS - the manufacturer's name screen - but not going on to boot. Do you have data on this computer that you need to keep- your work, photos, music, anything like that ?  If you do have data that needs to be recovered we will address that first, otherwise it is Windows repair or possibly a complete re-install.

Post back with the above information please.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,723 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Because of technical problems with communication, the OP sent Hamlouis a PM which he copied to me listing the make up of his computer. These are :

Pentium d 2.8 GHz processor
No graphic card
1GB RAM DDR 2
Windows 7

Chris Cosgrove

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

Running Win 7 on 1GB of RAM...is not a good idea.\

Pentium D system with Win 7...possibly illegal install, IMO.

Old system components...it could be anything.  Without some data, it's hard to tell what might be right, IMO.

Louis

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,723 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

IF you have data on this machine that you need to recover if possible, AND you have access to another computer, AND you have a CD / DVD drive, AND you have, or can acquire, sufficient external storage for this data, then -

Create a 'live' Linux Puppy Cd  - this is one that is self-booting, requires no other operating system - and you can get a copy, along with instructions on how to make the disc, here :

http://puppylinux.org/main/Overview%20and%20Getting%20Started.htm

Power up your computer, put the Puppy disc in the CD drive, power off, re-boot. The computer should now boot from the CD. If it doesn't, re-boot and press either 'Delete' or 'F2' - whichever is the key to get you into the BIOS - and set the CD / DVD drive to be first in the boot priority list. Then re-boot.

Since Puppy boots from the CD, you will quickly get to a desktop where you will find a file management utility (similar to Windows Explorer) and icons for the drives on the computer. You will need to click on each of these in turn and select 'Mount' to make them active. You will now be able to copy your data to external drive(s) before you set about repairing your system.

If you do not have any icons for hard drives - then your hard drive is probably dead.

IF you don't need to save any data on your computer AND you have the Win 7 install disc, then try a repair install. Again, boot up, put the Win 7 disc in the drive and re-boot. Two or three screens in, you will come to a choice 'Win 7 - Install or Repair'. Choose 'Repair' and let the system do its thing.

If this doesn't work, then repeat the process, but this time choose install. NOTE - this will wipe all your data and applications from the hard drive.

If both of these fail to find a hard drive to do the install to, then your hard drive is almost certainly dead.

I make no comment about your operating system, but I agree with Hamlouis' point that your system as it stands is marginal for running Win 7 on.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 A18 UNI

A18 UNI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

thanks luis and chris cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users