Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NancySn

NancySn

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hi there! I turned my computer on this morning and got the always lovely blue screen of death. All I had running at the time was Google Chrome. I'm currently running Avira and then malwarebytes to make sure it's not something there but I was wondering if you could help me look at it closer! My computer is my main source of income (I'm a photographer) so I need it as healthy as possible!

Thank you!

Nancy 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Alright, did you happen to write down what the blue screen said? If not we are gonna need you to hand over the minidump files, or what's inside of them.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#3 NancySn

NancySn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

I did not, it did say something about a physical memory dump. If I go to C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp nothing is showing? 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users