Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Deskjet 6940 - white/transparency printing as light blue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bramish

Bramish

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

This began as a problem with Windows Photo Viewer in which images were being displayed with an orange tint. I fixed this by changing the color profile in Color Management but now if I print from an email for example, what should be a white background prints as light blue. I tried switching back the color profile but the problem persists. Printing from Photoshop doesn't have this problem.

Any ideas?

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/eGAicktNAQeoWTU6pJuPrJn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,887 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

A good first step when any problem with a printer crops up is to uninstall the printer and all associated software, re-boot and re-install it. When doing the re-install check the quick start guide to make sure you have the install sequence right. This is something printers are notoriously fussy about.

a problem with Windows Photo Viewer in which images were being displayed with an orange tint

Do you mean the images were being displayed with an orange cast or, while looking normal, were printing with an orange cast ?

If it is the former, have you ever tried a different viewer ?  I can thoroughly recommend the free Irfanview viewer - www.irfanview.com - I use it intensively. If it is the latter, does your printer allow you to set more than one colour profile ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Bramish

Bramish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Thanks, but re-installing the printer didn't help. 

With regards to the viewer, I've fixed that problem now - just have the blue printing to resolve.

#4 Bramish

Bramish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

It's not a problem with the printer - just tried it with a different comp and it worked fine. So I'm guessing there's an issue with the color profile/printer relationship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users