Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent/random BSODs on Win8.1 laptop, various error codes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bumdark

Bumdark

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

Hello y’all,

My new laptop is suffering from chronic and unpredictable BSODs and nothing I do seems to work. It’s a clean Windows 8.1 installation with drivers and updates straight from the official Toshiba support page for my specific model. It started BSODing randomly from the start until I took it to a PC repair shop, where the guy who fixed it said the problem was with the drivers (I was unable to get any specifics). The problem seemed to be fixed.

I continued to configure my system and install programs, then it began BSODing again, though with a different set of error codes this time. I’m unable to tell what may be causing it. There’s also some moderate issues where explorer.exe occasionally locks up or crashes, forcing the occasional restart, though I believe that may be Win8.1 being unstable at this point.

I’ve emailed Toshiba support and haven’t received a reply.

Speccy snapshot: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/v7sMhOuuuOG7DRa7MTpBYcU

Last two minidumps in the attached .zip. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attached Files

'Foreman's not as easy as Cameron. But of course, who is?'
'I'm in the room!'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Bumdark

Bumdark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

New BSOD last night. Minidump attached.

Attached Files

'I'm in the room!'

#3 Bumdark

Bumdark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

A few updates:

Following recommendations received at EightForums, I’ve updated my OpenVPN (TAP-windows) driver and uninstalled Kaspersky, WinCDEmu and Mozy.

I then ran Driver Verifier with these settings, which caused Windows to crash twice during startup due to UxStyle, which I then removed.

Using Verifier again then led to three startup crashes due to “L1C63x64.sys”, which appears to be related to my Atheros Ethernet adapter. However, the Toshiba support site for my system doesn’t list a more recent version; I’m currently using the only one they offer, which is rated for Win8(.0).

Five latest minidumps attached to this post.

Attached Files

'I'm in the room!'

#4 fix14me

fix14me

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

how to remove error code ox80073cf9.

0 user(s) are reading this topic