Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

to activate HP650, window 8 as touch screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 enekojoje

enekojoje

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

somebody should please advice me on what to do to activate my HP650, window 8 for me to start using the touch screen mode.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Deleted by author.

Edited by scotty_ncc1701, 01 August 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#3 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/CommercialPPSFall2013/HPProbook650G1NotebookPC_datasheet.pdf

From last page (notes)

1.  Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.  Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality.

Have a great day!

:bananas: :bounce:

#4 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

With the above being said, additional research revealed:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/disable-the-touchscreen-for-a-windows-8-laptop/ca7baeb9-66f3-43d4-ac4e-2be90d55591d

Looking under the appropriate section of the device manager, if you don't see the driver for the touch screen, most likely it isn't available on your model.

I know the post talks about disabling the touch screen, but you should be able to adapt the instructions easily to turn the touch screen on, if it is available.

Have a great day!
:bananas: :bounce:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users