Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD help! crash address - ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Enteroblex

Enteroblex

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

I have some bluescreen issues. Whenever I'm doing something graphically intensive, I get lots of bands of color across the screen for a few seconds. Then I get a BSOD for a second. I used BlueScreenView to pull up three logs. I've attached those for anyone who has some free time to look at them.

I've run memstest for 4 passes and there were no errors. This leads me to believe that my problems stem from either a bad GPU or some kind of driver conflict.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Attached File  bluescreen1.txt   2.05KB   10 downloads

Attached File  bluescreen2.txt   2.05KB   3 downloads

Attached File  bluescreen4.txt   2.06KB   3 downloads

Attached File  bluescrren3.txt   2.06KB   4 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Since all four of these reports refer to system files, I would be inclined to run 'sfc /scannow' to repair any corrupted files. If you don't know how to do this :

Click on 'Start'; type 'cmd' into the search box (ALL typing without the quotes !); this may bring up a number of things but at the top will be 'cmd.exe'.

RIGHT click on this and choose 'Run as administrator'; then at the cursor type 'sfc /scannow' and press the 'Enter' key to start it running. Note that there is a space between 'sfc' and '/scannow'. Then let it run, it may take a while but let it finish. Then re-boot and try running something graphics intensive and see what happens.

Try the above, and if it works, great.  However your remarks 'graphically intensive' and 'bands of colour' suggest you may have either a graphics card problem or an over heating one. When you post back, if the problem isn't solved please give the make and model of your computer plus details on your graphics card.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Mario81

Mario81

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hallo,

Überprüfe mal deine Treiber mit diesem Tool: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Free-Driver-Scout_62340391.html

Note: The "Free Driver Scout" returns with unnecessary additional Promote software that is often overlooked when installing.

Follow necessarily carefully the installation and select unneeded software from or decline it.

For detailed instructions on how to uninstall "Free Driver Scout" is available on the on the manufacturer's page.

mfg. Mario !

#4 Enteroblex

Enteroblex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Free Driver Scout has known issues with my Catalyst drivers. It won't run after installation on my computer.

My computer is a Dell XPS Studio 7100 with 8GB RAM and two internal HDDs. The GPU is a Radeon HD 5450 1GB with the latest Catalyst drivers.

I have run sfc /scannow and it found some issues. I'll run it again after another restart.

I ran memtest again and after four more passes it found no errors.

#5 Enteroblex

Enteroblex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

@ Chris Cosgrove

I just had another BSOD. There were banded blocks of random colors and a blue screen. There was no log to post for you for some reason.

I ran sfc /scannow twice more and it reported corrupt files each time.

As I said earlier, my computer is a Dell XPS Studio 7100 with 8GB RAM and two internal HDDs. The GPU is a Radeon HD 5450 1GB with the latest Catalyst drivers.

Both HDDs show zero SMART errors.

I'm inclined to buy a new GPU.

#6 Enteroblex

Enteroblex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

After a few more blue screens I ran a repair install of Windows. I'm hoping that will correct any file system conflicts. SFC shows no errors, so that's a good start.

If I get any more BSODs I think I'll try upgrading the GPU to see if that's where the problem lies.

Thanks for all your help!

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

You beat me to it - a repair install of Windows would have been the next step !

If you have on-board graphics you could always change to them if the problem crops up again. That would confirm or deny your fears about your graphics card.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users