Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If i buy a PC from the US.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roblox

Roblox

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

So i am thinking about buying this:

http://secure.ncixus.com/ncixpc/ncixpc.cfm?uuid=C9A38460-5A2A-4323-8D1FB0EB229C46C8-5945725

Would it come with with a US power cable?

If it does how do i get a UK power cable to fit?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

The power cable will probably be the least of your worries.  Any decent PSU will automatically adjust from 100v-230v these days.  A lead like this is all you need.  You probably have one already.

What I'd be more worried about would be shipping charges, which can be extortionate from the US (think in the several hundred dollars range), and the 20% VAT you will have to pay to HMRC for imports from outside the EU.

Edited by jonuk76, 01 August 2014 - 04:32 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users