Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 0xc000021a Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gorgod

Gorgod

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

So it all started last night when i accidentally tripped on my power cord, unplugging it from tthe tower during the login screen. At first, I thought nothing of it, and I just restarted the computer. But unfortunately I was met with the BSOD with that error code. All of the online solutions I have encountered that don't involve removing all my files or using a windows 8 installation disk I have tried.
So then after the BSOD I restart and get to a screen saying automatic repair failed. I try to refresh the PC- no luck. I'm definitely not resetting my PC and losing all my files so I go into advanced options. Foolishly I have no backup USB or anything so I try a system restore. Nothing happens, same old BSOD. Then I try the various command console solutions i found in the advanced settings command prompt.All of them don't work and give me a reply saying that the image was not found or "drwtsn32.exe" was not found in the image specified or whatever. It is always prefaced with "x:\windows\system32", not C:\. I cannot start in safe mode and disabling driver signature enforcement also didn't work. Any help before i just buy a windows 8 installation disk would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorgod

Gorgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

I have an asus btw, so the uefi/bios is kind of weird.

Edited by Gorgod, 01 August 2014 - 10:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users