Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet has broken please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt_Wrinkles

Sgt_Wrinkles

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hello this is my first time using this forum

I have a windows vista laptop and internet was working fine then I took it round my friends house to test there by infinity internet when I came back home the internet worked just fine until my mum logged off my account she went on hers and then 5 mins later said she couldn't search anything. I use google chrome and I also cannot search anything also for example when I play a game it only gives me the option to play offline even though there is the computer screen with the globe on it and we are connected to the wifi. The wifi still works on my other PC which is a desktop. The internet is not entirely down either as I can use my bookmarks on google chrome and my homepage loads up te only bookmark the I can't use is YouTube.

When I search something it comes up in the URL bar saying http a in red crossed out with a Red Cross and on te screen says cannot connect to the real www.google.co.uk
Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to www.google.com

It also says in bold try to reload the page again in a few minutes or after to a new network. Then says if you have recently connected to a new wi-fi network, finish logging in before reloading.

If you know what is wrong then please help me p.s. Sorry for the bad grammar and any spelling mistakes if there are any

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Does your lappy show you as connected to your home Wi-Fi?

#3 Sgt_Wrinkles

Sgt_Wrinkles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Yes it Says that we are connected

Edited by Sgt_Wrinkles, 01 August 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

See if your lappy works on-the-wire (Ethernet). If it works wired, then the Wi-Fi antenna/hardware on the lappy is starting to fail most likely.

#5 Sgt_Wrinkles

Sgt_Wrinkles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

Okay I tried the wired and it hasn't worked still says the same kinda thing that they can't connect us because they can't confirm our connection Is secure. Also another thing my bookmarks on google chrome work so we have internet but then I can't play on games online?

#6 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

Okay I tried the wired and it hasn't worked still says the same kinda thing that they can't connect us because they can't confirm our connection Is secure.

In the quote above, who is "they"?  Your ISP?

#7 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

Is this the kind of fault you're getting?  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/LuSz2PV-OVA .

#8 Sgt_Wrinkles

Sgt_Wrinkles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Oh yay it worked thanks :) thank you for helping me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users