Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 UR2BTOAST

UR2BTOAST

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hi there!

So as the title says, I am having some internet problems. I will be playing a game, or just surfing, or streaming a video, or anything with the internet and I get these problems at completely random times and intervals. It most commonly happens when I'm playing internet-using games. This happens regardless of any other activity on the network (it happens with just me on the network and it happens with other people using the network at the same time)

Symptoms: 

My Ping randomly spikes to >1000ms in games and lasts anywhere from seconds to over a minute.

I lag out of games without warning that have been running fine for extended periods of time beforehand.

There are three PC's in the house. The other two work fine with only the scattered, occasional internet hiccup. We have a Wi-Fi router that has an 802.11n signal. My Wireless card in the PC is a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi adapter. It has two little antenna that were mounted on the old case. I switched cases and had to remove the antenna. They are still in their original brackets, just not mounted. They are kind of tucked in between a fan and the top of the case since I don't have anywhere useful to mount them. I am runnning the 5.0.37.0 Driver (currrent up to my knowledge).

This is extremely annoying because it happens whenever it feels like it, mostly at very inopportune times. I am almost sure that it is not a virus because I had another (unrelated to this) issue that I had assumed was related to viruses. I scanned my PC with 10+ different softwares all yielding nothing of much importance. I am thinking it has something to do with a piece of my personal hardware although I'm no expert, so this is why I turned to you guys.

Attached is a picture of the internet Wi-Fi section of my control panel during a non-problematic period of internet usage.

As a sidenote: I have tried the cmd command: "ping 127.0.0.1" which sends out packets to the card. It received the packets and lost none.

Image: http://imgur.com/blCKkQ9

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users