Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

repair windows 7

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 68ERSRULE

68ERSRULE

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hi all first i want to say i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this site, whenever i have troubles i count on you guys.  Usually my problem is searchable but not sure what to search with this. But please help me!!

ok so i searched on somethi8ng came to microsoft site and ran the system file checker and got a lottttttt of errors and can not repair so what do i do please.  I have the log if ya need it and my os cd is missing but if ya can tell me where to get a copy i would appreciate it as i have valid license and key.

tyvm in advance 

*\/* YOU GUYS ROCK *\/*

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hi there,

As you noticed sometime SFC cannot work and needs an install disk, you can download one from here and then burn it to DVD. Make sure you choose the right bit rate (x64 or x86) for your installation.

To run SFC from your disk follow these instructions.

Let us know how you go.

TsVk!

:thumbup2:

#3 68ERSRULE

68ERSRULE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

no i already ran sfc i sent in the results of it

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

There are those of us who will not download anything to our computers unless we know exactly what it contains.

To find sfc /scannow log, type cmd in the Search programs and files box. 

cmd will appear above the search box under Apps., right click on it and choose Run as administrator, this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.  This will look simlare to the image above.

Copy and paste the following in the Search programs and files box, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Click on this to open the log, copy it and paste it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

no i already ran sfc i sent in the results of it

When you run SFC from an install disk, like in the tutorial I linked to with the Windows disk you were looking for (also linked in my post), it can repair things that could not repair on the native version.

#6 68ERSRULE

68ERSRULE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

after i ran the scan it put this on my desktop sfcdetails.txt    which included unless y want me to copy and paste its entirety

but i may burn it to disk sounds like a better option lol

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

It says that the "source file in the store is also corrupted" for many of the failed fixes?

Did you run SFC from the new install disk you created?

#8 68ERSRULE

68ERSRULE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

NOT YET JUST GOT IT DOWNLOADED BUT WOW TY FOR THAT SITE WANTED A CLEAN SITE FOR OTHER OS'S TOO AS TO MANY PEEPS DO NOT HAVE A OS CD TY TY TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

#9 Go The Power

Go The Power

• Members
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:03 AM

Hello,

You have a lot of file corruptions. This may take a few fixes to get them fixed.

Download and Run SFCFix

Please download and run SFCFix from >Here<

It will take about 15 minutes to process. Once the scan has completed a notepad file will launch with the results. Please copy and paste the entire contents of the results and post them back into this thread.

Edited by Go The Power, 04 August 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

As the source files are corrupted in many instances, rather than SFC being unable to complete the fix, this application is unlikely to be effective.

#11 68ERSRULE

68ERSRULE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

hey my white knights...sorry took me so long to do this...but finally tried to run the sys repair disk...everything went fine but last one...the system files integrity check had error 0x490 and over over 1000000ms what do i do please

#12 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Most of the threads I have read on this issue (no I've never seen it myself) come back to re-installing the operating system. :smash:

I personally don't like doing this, does your machine boot currently? or does it BSOD?

#13 Ste2ph

Ste2ph

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

hey my white knights...sorry took me so long to do this...but finally tried to run the sys repair disk...everything went fine but last one...the system files integrity check had error 0x490 and over over 1000000ms what do i do please

I suggest doing a OS Repair Install (NOT REINSTALLING THE OS). It'll solve all your problems for you follow this guide http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html Its basically clicking upgrade when using the install dvd at boot, expect you are upgrading to the same exact OS and version youre using right now. but READ THE GUIDE. It doesn't affect your programs or files. It wont wipe everything out. 

And next time dont post up attachments and expect people to just click and download them, You aren't credible enough to trust downloading from. I bet most experienced guys saw you telling guys you wont post the SFC log and they had to download it, and they passed up helping you. Uncredible links to downloads is why I dont post embedded links

Edited by Ste2ph, 05 August 2014 - 11:31 PM.

#14 68ERSRULE

68ERSRULE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

yeah i use it and all just wanted to see if it was ok so did that sfc scan thingy (imma very technical speak eh) and found all those errors :-(

#15 Ste2ph

Ste2ph

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

We practically posted at the same time. Check the post i just did before you. Thats your very easy solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users