Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my macbook pro did not finish the update and will not let me do anything!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nido nedaa

nido nedaa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

hello, I started an update I think it was osx, and just before it was done, it asked for my password, and I tried entering mine, but it would say that something was wrong with the server!! kept trying and it wouldn't work. so I click on the arrow to go back a step, and that was yesterday, it hasn't opened any other page!! it is stuck in that place! nothing to click!! and I have tried shutting off, restarting, and even making the battery go dead!! but nothing!! I do get the box to click on shut down or restart, but when I click it says " the application preview canceled shut down."

I don't have any menu or bar to click on! just a blank white page and nothing else on the screen!

I am new at this, I don't know what to do!? please help me. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techgeek88

techgeek88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Have you tried forcing a shutdown by just holding down the power button for about 10 seconds? Or are you just trying the shutdown button?

I haven't heard of this but will certainly look into it.

-Austin-

Specializing in Windows OS-level troubleshooting, repair, and support

"They might call it the cloud but it is, in fact, just someone else’s computer.”  - Mark Russinovich

#3 bloatedcod

bloatedcod

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

hi just downloaded latest up dates on my mac book pro followed the usual procedures restarting etc then silver screen with an apple and nowt else, any ideas would be eternally grateful for. just another note recently after down loading latest updates on my mac all seemed to be ok but after a few hours im afraid the mac is not the same beast anymore,  at times seems to be suffering from dementia. many thanks

#4 techgeek88

techgeek88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Hi! It might be a good idea to create a new thread in this section, bloatedcod but let me make sure I'm following you.

So when you turn the computer on, it's stuck at the apple logo on the silver background? And I'm not sure what you mean by that it doesn't act the same. More info could be helpful. :)

-Austin-

Specializing in Windows OS-level troubleshooting, repair, and support

"They might call it the cloud but it is, in fact, just someone else’s computer.”  - Mark Russinovich

#5 bloatedcod

bloatedcod

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hi! It might be a good idea to create a new thread in this section, bloatedcod but let me make sure I'm following you.

So when you turn the computer on, it's stuck at the apple logo on the silver background? And I'm not sure what you mean by that it doesn't act the same. More info could be helpful. :)

OK will start a new thread

#6 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hold down option after the boot chime, and select the recovery partition. Once there open up disk utilities and verify disk permissions, fix any if it says to. If that doesn't do it boot back into recovery and reinstall OSX.

Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users