Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Problems but let's start with the 20+ dllhost.exe running

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 totallyscrewed123

totallyscrewed123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Not a computer wiz, but here it goes..

My computer is running slow and I've known it has had viruses for a while. I never use this computer, but I need to get it cleaned up and running again. It bluescreens when I go into Google Chrome. It bluesceens randomly when I close certain programs running in the task manager screen.

I noticed 20+ dllhost.exe com surrogate processes running.

What's my first step in trying to resolve this issue? I'm close to throwing the computer away and buying a new one the problems are so bad.

Thank you very much in advance!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

You have the option to reinstall Windows 7. If the computer has the original hdd then it should contain a copy of the

factory installed OS. Or maybe you made a DVD copy of the factory installed OS.

Of course, if you have files that you want to save then you should move those to an external drive before reinstalling.

If you need instructions for how to perform a reinstall to factory settings then post your computer's manufacturer and model.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Not a computer wiz, but here it goes..

My computer is running slow and I've known it has had viruses for a while. I never use this computer, but I need to get it cleaned up and running again. It bluescreens when I go into Google Chrome. It bluesceens randomly when I close certain programs running in the task manager screen.

What's my first step in trying to resolve this issue? I'm close to throwing the computer away and buying a new one the problems are so bad.

This...is your first step...try to determine if there is any malware present and responsible for your problems.

A reinstall si the last option to consider, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users