Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAM High Usage while playing and remains high after it

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Prymium

Prymium

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hello,

Computer:
ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3
i5 2500k 3.3GHz
Sapphire 6870
Corsair CX600W
8GB GSkill 1600MHz

The following problem happens once/twice a day while playing Battlefield 4 (I've been spending most of these last days playing it) and started like last saturday (July 26). I'm playing Battlefield 4 (BF4) for 1 hour or so and everything is going just fine, but sometimes the game (image) starts to get really slow, losing fluidity and starts skipping, like stuttering (sorry I do not know if this is the correct english term for this phenomenon). When this starts to happen I alt+tab to the desktop, although it does take quite sometime (it gets slower than usual), and once I reach the desktop I open the Task Manager to see what is happening, this basically what I see (check images links at the end to better understand what is said next):
- RAM usage at 90% or more;
- I order the processes in a decreasing fashion and BF4 is at top but only consuming 1490MB or less of RAM;
- The rest of the processes consume less than 100MB each;
- I click on the Performance tab and see this >7GB of 7,9GB being consumed;
- I terminate the BF4 process to see what happens and the RAM goes down but still quite high ranging from 87-70% in the Processes tab, and in the Performance tab it goes down at 6,9-5,6GB of 7,9GB being consumed.

I suspect something is consuming the RAM but I can't seem to find out what is it. I even used the Process Explorer v16.02 in hope that he would show me what is consuming such an amount of RAM, but I did not have any luck (as you can see in the link at the end of this post). The CPU usage stays normal while this happens.

I've scanned with both Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware up to date (free versions) and they found nothing. Also I have Comodo Internet Security Premium (Free version) installed with HIPS and Auto-Sandbox disabled but with AV and Firewall functions enabled; scanned with AV and it found nothing.

As of now this problem can only be temporarily solved by restarting Windows.

My language is portuguese (Portugal) so that is the language you'll see displayed in the images below, except for the Process Explorer one. I can translate anything you may need to better understand them.

Task Manager Processes: http://i.imgur.com/eqXjJJQ.png

Task Manager Performance: http://i.imgur.com/r7zt60f.png

Edited by Prymium, 31 July 2014 - 06:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users