Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network printer will print text but not pictures

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mepete

mepete

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

I have a lanier color printer running on server 2003 that is networked. we recently moved and our ip scheme is changed to match the host ip running off fiber. Before the move we were able to print everything. After the move the printer was uninstalled port removed, then resetup with the new ip scheme. I can print text documents all day long as soon as any picture is sent the printer locks up stating waiting for data .Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Sounds like an issue with the driver.  Are the printers set up to print from the server or print directly to the printer?

If it is set up on the server then you would set it up by going to \\SERVER\PRINTER and it would install the port and driver from the server.  All that should have been done on the server is to change to the to the new address.  Then you delete the printer on your machine and then readd if from the server.

#3 mepete

mepete
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

Sounds like an issue with the driver.  Are the printers set up to print from the server or print directly to the printer?

If it is set up on the server then you would set it up by going to \\SERVER\PRINTER and it would install the port and driver from the server.  All that should have been done on the server is to change to the to the new address.  Then you delete the printer on your machine and then readd if from the server.

Yes  it is set to print from the server, I blew out the port and re-installed it all I will try different driver this morning and let you know thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users