Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Continously Turns On and Off

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FotherMucker

FotherMucker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hello everyone,

My Acer Aspire 5733 Laptop started malfunctioning. The specs are:

- Intel Core i3-380M

-4 GB DDR3 Memory

I had the computer for about 2 years now and I am no longer under warranty.

One day, I was playing an internet game and had a Youtube video up (but paused). My computer started getting really hot and started lagging. Instead of exiting the game, I stupidly ignored the signs of a possible problem and continued playing the game. Well my computer shut off, but instead of staying off, it automatically turned back on. But then after that, it will turn off again. And this continues indefinitely until I take the battery out.

To expound on this, when I turn on my laptop, the fan and lights come on and the Acer screen appears. But after 3 seconds, it turns off. The computer makes a clicking sound when it turns off. And as previously mentioned, this process continues repeatedly. When I press any of the F keys, a continous sound of loud short beeps occur. There are 3 beeps. However, there are no pauses between the beeps.

So I think I overclocked my CPU. I will admit that my was computer cheap to begin with and I should not have had my computer doing so much at the same time because it is cheap.

But I wanted to know, what exactly is causing this? The CPU, motherboard, or possibly a heat sink issue?

Thanks so much for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users