Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Mail - spell checker stopped working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maurice941

maurice941

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

I have Windows Vista and use Windows Mail. Every thing was working great but now when I use spell check and highlight a misspelled word, click "change",  my screen turns gray, a message "Windows Mail has stopped working" appears and my composed email is deleted. HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hi Maurice941,

Do you currently use the old "Windows Mail" or the newer version "Windows Live Mail" ? Usually the crash you just described occurs on the older "Windows Mail" because there is some sort of interfering between the Antivirus in your system and Windows Mail. I strongly recommend the upgrade if you haven't done it yet :)

Also, If you are using the old version, have you tried to reset your Windows Mail settings? If not, you can follow the steps in this tutorial: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html 

Edited by masterthemachines, 31 July 2014 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users