Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm an idiot, someone help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mycasa2ucasa

mycasa2ucasa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:01 AM

My PC recently crashed so I tried to use my son's Dell laptop to do my online coursework. It had Windows 8, which didn't have the program I needed. So me, being the genius that I am, decided to insert my Windows 7 disc and install. Now I can't connect to the internet because I didn't save my driver info. I can't download from my PC because it's not working. Before I pack everything up, take it to a local repair shop and pay through the nose, I was wondering if there's any way to convert back to Windows 8 without the software disc. Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

There should be a Recovery partition on the lappy in question. Research your documentation on the lappy to find out how to bring up the Recovery partition. If you don't have the documentation then Google for it. You'll need make and model info to do this.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

It's a laptop...manufacturer and model information should be readily apparent.  Any drivers you might desire should be available at the manufacturer's website support page for that system.

In this world of millions of users of computers...it's a simple thing to ask others to borrow their systems for a few minutes to download/save drivers and other items.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users