Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SRAPPFILEHOUND stole my internet.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 imtoothru

imtoothru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

It all started when i downloaded somethiing and thisSRAPPFILEHOUND varmit took out the internet on my computer. And in trying to remove it i tried this file RemVimes.reg  i found in a forum and now my computer is saying desktop is not installed. I can get to Cmd.exe and task manager other then that its just a black screen like the desktop is trying to come up but the only icon in the recycle bin . Windows key + x opens and file mgr opens and list all the windows folders but im not sure where to go from here. Its windows 8.1 any suggestions.?    Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Open the Task Manager, click on the File tab and choose Run a new task.

In the search box type in control panel, then click on OK.

When the Control Panel opens click on Find and fix problems under System Security

Troubleshooting will open.  You will see Recovery in the lower left corner, click on this.

In the Advanced recovery tools click on Open System Restore.

Follow the prompts till you get to the restore points, choose a restore point prior to this problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users