Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ewccr, Userinit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Draglung

Draglung

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

Ok I had this exact virus before and it ended up crashing my hard-drive. Now I have it again and I'm afraid it will do the same thing. I continue to have pop-ups and I believe these programs are the only ones causing it. Here is my hijack this:
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
D:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
D:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1148345498\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Stephen\MYDOCU~1\DOBE~1\mmc.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KHAL\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
D:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe
D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
D:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\VPC32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe, C:\WINDOWS\system32\ewccr.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,osjfciu.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "D:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "D:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1148345498\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] D:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Launch\AOLLaunch.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "D:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ltiw] "C:\DOCUME~1\Stephen\MYDOCU~1\DOBE~1\mmc.exe" -vt yazb
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ShellCompatibility - C:\WINDOWS\system32\q2860clsefq60.dll
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - D:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - D:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - D:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

Although when I try to delete them in the registry, they always come back. Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Draglung

Draglung
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:07 PM

Great, now when I try to login, I instantly log-off! Help!

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:51 AM

Great, now when I try to login, I instantly log-off! Help!

That happens when you start to tinker with userinit.exe.
Did you delete it? Or did you delete some registry entries related?
Can you still get in safe mode? Guess the problem is the same there.

If so, Please perform a system restore, or use the last good known configuration option.
In case that didn't solve your problem, you have to perform a windows repair:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:41 AM

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users