Jump to content
Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:55 PM
Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:08 AM
A good backup strategy is the only protection. Any program that infects your machine has the same rights that you have, at a minimum.
Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:45 AM
US-CERT recommends users and administrators take the following preventative measures to protect their computer networks from a CryptoLocker infection:
* Conduct routine backups of important files, keeping the backups stored offline.
* Maintain up-to-date anti-virus software.
* Keep your operating system and software up-to-date with the latest patches.
* Do not follow unsolicited web links in email. Refer to the Security Tip Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
* Use caution when opening email attachments. For more information on safely handling email attachments read Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams (pdf), and Refer to the Security Tip Using Caution with Email Attachments.
* Follow safe practices when browsing the web. For further reading on Safe Browsing habits, see Good Security Habits and Safeguarding Your Data.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users