Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Conduit's Aftermath Take II - Where do I go from here?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jean91

Jean91

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

I need serious help! So, my PC (Toshiba) was infected with Search Conduit, I was able to remove the actual search engine as my homepage, and thought I had deleted it, and it decided to stay. Soon I noticed that I could no longer use Microsoft Word, iTunes, the internet, and a few other resources. Then I noticed whenever I turned my PC on these following notifications popped up:

ToshibaServiceStation.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for
support.

ToshibaAppPlace.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for
support.

MOM.exe - Bad Image
support.

TimelineMonitor: ToshibaTimelineMonitor.exe - Bad Image
support.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
* Runtime Error
Program:C\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ReelTime\TimelineMonitor.exe
"This application has requestes the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way."

ToshibaAppPlace.exe.NET Framework Initialization Error
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll

Toshiba Service Station.NET Framework Initialization Error

MOM.exe. NET Framework Initialization Error

Google Chrome

Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of Google Chrome

(This one showed up 5+ times)

I received help from the awesome Machiavelli who destroyed all Malware from my PC (which helped improve the speed temporarily). When asked to restart my PC, every same error came back. He suggested I start a new forum here (Hardware). Again, I am a Stay-at-Home-Mom who uses this PC as her work. HELP!!! (Was just advised by Broni to start over in this new forum.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ImBackHerobrine

ImBackHerobrine

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Go to Control Panel, click on Add and Remove Programs and click uninstall on Search Protect.

Just in case, you should install Adwcleaner or Malwarebytes.

#3 Jean91

Jean91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

I have already done those things thanks to Machiavelli. Anything else?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Closed duplicate of this
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542782/search-conduits-aftermath-take-ii-where-do-i-go-from-here/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users