Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NO PROGRAMS can connect to internet, WND says EVERYTHING is fine!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

no programs whatsoever can access the internet, everything from web browsers to games, team viewer, and my anti-virus NOTHING whatsoever can connect to the internet on my desktop!! my wired internet says "internet access" and the Windows Network Diagnostics verifies that I have internet connection but THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH!! no other computers on the network have this problem!!

I googled the problem but nothing came up

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

I have not had much luck with the network diagnostics in Windows 7 myself, a few points for you, however: what do you have for a NIC driver in the Device Manager, Network Adapters? What does your connection status look like in Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center? Try to run "IPCONFIG /ALL from a command prompt, if you are getting a 169.254.x.x address (Automatic IP Addressing), then you will not connect. Suggest resetting TCP/IP from an elevated command prompt, since you cannot connect to the Internet, I have provided the process for you:

For Windows 7 and Windows Vista

1. To open a command prompt, click Start and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.
  2. Under Programs, right-click the CMD.exe icon, and then click Run as administrator.
  3. When the User Account Control box appears, click Yes.
  4. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    Note If you don't want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead:
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Also, try turning off the Windows Firewall as a troubleshooting step. Hope this helps.

Edited by Will5200, 30 July 2014 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users