Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help on a driver issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yeLLow88

yeLLow88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hello, about a month ago my computer gave me an overclocking error as it turned on, so i went to the bios and defaulted the setting. after booting, i got a bsod with a 0x116 error, i tried updating the video adapter driver and manually installing previous versions, nothing seemed to work so i uninstalled the driver completely. after rebooting i got a bsod with 0x7e error , in order to go through safe mode, i had to press control+break to break out the frozen page after classpnp.sys was loaded. i figured something was wrong so i downloaded windwos 7 and installed it again. now i am able to start windows but the video adapter driver is not recognizing my video card nor my monitor. i ran 2 cycles of memtest86 and both passed. i also ran chkdsk C: 3 times and found no errors. i have tried with clean installs with previous versions and used  driver sweeper to delete all files. 

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
AMD FX 8320
GEFORCE 660
8GB DDR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users