Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:32 PM
A few questions regarding anti-malware software and how you use them came up into my mind:
1. What anti-virus product do you use?
2. What anti-spyware product(s) do you use?
3. What firewall do you use?
4. How often do you scan for viral malware?
5. How often do you scan for spyware, adaware, and those such non-viral malware?
6. Do you use any "speed/performance boost" products? If so, what are they?
If you could take the time to answer these questions, that'd be great. I'm hoping to base my furture anti-malware decisions off of these. Here's my answer to my "survey":
1. Sophos Anti-Virus and AVG Anti-Virus (They're not running at the same time though)
2. Ad-Aware SE, Spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor, Ewido Anti-Malware, A-Squared Anti-Malware, HJT, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, BlackLight Rootkit Detector, and SocketShield (I recently removed Windows Defender from my computer).
3. Sygate Firewall
5. Spybot S&D is run daily, while I run Ewido or A-Squared Anti-Malware every other day, Spyware Doctor & Ad-Aware SE are used weekly, and BL Rootkit detector is also used weekly.
6. I use the CCleaner and MRU-Blaster.
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science