Hello Charlene S.
- Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
- My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.
Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
- Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
- Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
- In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
- Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
- I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool .
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer.
- After the scan has finished...
- Click on the Clean button.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
- Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
- A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Download and run Junkware Removal Tool. ***Your Anti Virus may see this download as malicious, don't worry continue on.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
the tool will open and start scanning your system
- please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
- on completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
- post the contents of JRT.txt into your next Reply.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Things to include in your next reply:
" Extinguishing Malware from the world"
The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click