Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Mouse Malfunction


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buffooneryaccord

buffooneryaccord

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

My mouse (Logitech G700) was amazing up until about a month ago. I cannot pinpoint when it started stalling, but I started to notice it while playing league of legends. My mouse would go only 1/4 of the distance it was supposed to, but only when moving my mouse too suddenly.

I began testing to see when my mouse lost control. I started by moving the mouse in a figure 8, then gradually sped my movements up. Unfortunately at a certain speed it failed to mimic my movements.

I reset all my settings on my 'Logitech gaming software' application, here is a picture of the
profile settings: http://prntscr.com/44qpiy
the version: http://prntscr.com/44qvam
and general settings: http://prntscr.com/44qvi7
Note the report rate is at 500, i heard this was a good number (correct me if I'm wrong).

I tried both 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports wired (took wireless out of the equation to avoid confusion) into the back. 2.0 is slightly more affected by stalling behavior, but this isn't surprising since it is a gaming mouse.

  Update: I installed Logitech Setpoint which made my mouse way less responsive. I uninstalled it, and restarted my computer, but the effects of Setpoint still linger even after uninstalling Setpoint. Sounds to me like Setpoint altered something in Regedit, but I don't know how to confirm.

I am now resorting to my old Microsoft mouse.



BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

  • BC Advisor
  • 3,321 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Launderdale, MN
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

I have a G500 and my settings are similar.  I'd suspect the battery, that is usually the issue when a wireless mouse starts acting up.



#3 buffooneryaccord

buffooneryaccord
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

I have had the batteries out and it has been connected directly.  Unfortunately it doesn't improve.


Edited by buffooneryaccord, 23 August 2014 - 10:13 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users