Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spyhunter4

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ths2855

ths2855

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Has anyone got any information on the anti virus and malware program,,,I wondered if it was a safe one to use,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

It is not very well rated at all, and does not submit samples for group analysis.

It has been listed as rogue before and has been known for disreputable sales tactics and advertising. It is also known to be difficult to uninstall in some cases.

Compared to free to use anti-malware applications like Malwarebytes, it comes up short. IMHO.

#3 ths2855

ths2855
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

thanks for your advice ,,I have malwarebytes as my main anti virus. I just have S/H4 as a back up as I installed it to get rid of Websearch.and it did, where others couldn't. So I just needed to check as there is not much info online about it.

#4 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hello ths2855:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is not now, nor has it ever been, an Anti-Virus application.

MBAM Premium is an Anti-Malware application meant to work full-time and co-operatively with a high-quality Anti-Virus application of your choosing.

quiteman7 has outstanding canned material that will point you towards reputable providers and will likely post it here.

HTH :)

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#5 ths2855

ths2855
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Thanks to all for advice,,i also have windows defender with malwarebytes,,,just slipped my mind to add this in last posting ,

thanks again to TsVk and 1PW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users