Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot anything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pertzerl

pertzerl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

I was using my laptop today (Gateway with Windows 7 OS), just on Google while waiting for a game to install, when suddenly my computer completely froze and I had to force shut down by holding the power button down.  When I tried to start it back up, I got to the "Starting Windows" page (with the Windows logo) and got stuck there for a while before the BSOD flashed for a split second and my system restarted.  I tried running startup repair, but it just brought me to a black screen after the loading bar.  After trying the repair a few more times, I finally got it once where (I think) the background of the login screen and the cursor appeared, all in grayscale, but nothing else happened after that.

I've tried booting it in Safe Mode but it freezes at /CLASSPNP.sys/ when loading files.

I looked up this problem but most of the answers involved a Windows 7 repair disk, which I don't have.  Is there any alternate solution or am I out of luck in this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

You can download a Win 7 disk image from here and create your own disk using a blank DVD...

I hope this helps.

TsVk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users