Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and Keyboard Constantly Disconnect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Koetsu

Koetsu

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

It's strange since this problem has seemed to have gotten progressively worse over the past 2 months.

It's a custom build, so if it's a hardware problem, I'll change it out. My system is: Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM, OS on 128GB SSD, a 1TB hard drive, a 500GB hard drive, Nvidia GTX 650.

These problems happened very rarely before April. In that month, I had a Microsoft support guy do a specific reinstall of the OS that didn't remove installed programs or settings.

It's really annoying because at least twice a day, the mouse and keyboard just stop responding - and the keyboard even while holding a key sometimes. The mouse and keyboard were connected via USB at the bcak on one pair of slots but I moved them to another. I have a 2.4 GHz Wireless adapter connected to my front USB slots because then I can move the mouse again and put the computer to sleep. Then I can wake the system back.

Okay, I'm probably explaining things really poorly...

Mouse and Keyboard frequently disconnect and reconnect throughout the day. The Windows sound for disconnected hardware plays.

2+ times the hardware does not wake and a second mouse is required to put the computer to sleep so the hardware wakes properly.

All power management settings regarding that hardware have been disabled in Device Manager.

Webcam seems to function normally and is also connected in the back.

USB Ports for the mouse and keyboard have been moved.

What do I do? It's so annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

I suspect the MB. But you can also check the Power Options in the Control Panel and see how they are set. There are also, usually, power options in the BIOS, so check those too.

#3 Koetsu

Koetsu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

I can see USB suspension in the Power Savings menu, but it's set to disabled. Let me check the BIOS for USB options.

#4 Koetsu

Koetsu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Might be related but today instead of just disconnecting the hardware, I got a blue screen regarding lvrs64.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users