Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mypc optomizer by Pandaje Tech - HELP!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nytemare2043

Nytemare2043

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

So not to be confused with PC Optomizer, however similar they are. I'm trying to clean a pc for a friend and this is on there. When going to Programs removal, I see it but when highlighted it does not provide an option to uninstall nor does right clicking it do anything. I've tried HitmanPro, Emsisoft Antimalware, MalwareBytes, etc.. Nothing detects it nor will remove it. I've also tried Revo but the program does not show up in the list.

This is my first post so if I'm not including something or need to run something and post logs, please advise me to the procedures you require to be completed.

PC is running Windows 7 x64, standard everything else. I can just remove from auto startup but I'd rather remove completely if possible.

Thanks

Ray

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Man_1n_Black

Man_1n_Black

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Have you tried all of the steps you outlined in 'safe mode'??

Regards,
Phil
Linux user     |     #564977

#3 Nytemare2043

Nytemare2043
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

No I didn't actually but I just did after this post from you. Still the same. Right click does nothing, highlight it and no uninstall or remove option appear in safe-mode either... I have never been baffled with a removal of anything until today! I've searched all over and no one else has anything out there to help.. sigh

#4 Man_1n_Black

Man_1n_Black

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hmm in situations like this i often run a UBCD4WIN cd and scan from outside of windows. You would have to create the dvd, boot fom it and scan your system.

Also have you checked all the tools available from this site, ie the downloads page also worth checking the virus removal pages, im assuming you already have . . .

a couple of serious tools that might be worth trying are 'ComboFix' or 'OTM'. Mind you they 'can' do damage to your system so i strongly advise you to back up your data before trying them.

Alternatively you could back up all your data and re-install, i know it sounds drastic but sometimes its the only way to be sure you have cleaned the infection.

Regards,
Phil
Linux user     |     #564977

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users