Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when I hook laptop up to HDTV via HDMI...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GrinningGoku

GrinningGoku

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hey, guys. I'm stumped right now. I tried hooking up my laptop to my TV on two days ago and I got bupkis. The first time I tried it, the laptop shut off, rebooted and asked me if I wanted to start windows normally or boot in safe mode. When I took the HDMI cable out and put it back in, the same thing happened, only when it booted up this time, it recommended Start-up Repair, so naturally I was like "What the hell?!" Prior to this, I've never had an issue hooking my TV up to my laptop. I've done it tons of times. Also when I tried doing it the laptop would not even pick up the TV and strangely I never saw the BSOD on my laptop, I saw it on the TV screen! Yet, no other images or sounds will come through. The only thing I can tell you is that I haven't hooked it up to the TV since around late last year, so can anyone tell me what the heck's going on? Here's the BSOD info below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072914-33758-01.dmp
C:\Users\Sharano A. Walkine\AppData\Local\temp\WER-88608-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

P.S.: I own a Gateway laptop and the TV in question is a 47" LG dumb tv. Also, I'm wondering if some hardware or software change took place without me knowing...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bergynator

bergynator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Did you try to update your video card drivers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users