Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intergrated graphics not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dixie1101

dixie1101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

hi all can you help me please i am new to using forums so forgive me.

my pc onboard graphics isnt working so i cant get any picture at all i have tried to put a graphic card in but i think i need drivers for it to work and dont know how i can do that untill i get a picture to be able to download the drivers for it is there anyway i can get this card to work please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hello, and Welcome

Even with the graphics card you installed, you should still get an image using the OS's generic drivers. It may be that you have to disable intergrated graphics in the BIOS but the problem is you can't access BIOS if the integrated graphics is not functioning. It's like a Catch22 and I am not sure how to resolve it.

With the video cable connected to the integrated graphics card, do you get any kind of boot screen or is the monitor always blank. Are you sure it's the integrated graphics and not the monitor? Have you tried another monitor on the computer?

When you start the computer, do you hear the post beep?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users