Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need To Get Rid Of Msn Messenger Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gypsyrose

gypsyrose

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hi,

I had a topic started on this way back in November but I forgot to post again, and I still have the problem, so here it is. I accidentally clicked a link in an MSN messenger conversation window, and I can't use MSN messenger or check my email unless my computer is in safe mode (everything works fine in safe mode). I'm also having problems with Microsoft Word and Norton Security. In November I received help from someone at BC and I found that the MSN virus is definitely on my computer by using a program.. MsnVirRem? I'm not sure what it's called. Anyway, i've gone through Kapersky, Spybot, and CWshredder already. Please get back to me - thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

Several things could be wrong. In my opinion, I think you should use HiJackThis (HJT) to diagonois your problem properly and get an expert and advanced analysis and cure for your problem. Please visit this tutorial on how to use HJT:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-hijackthis/

Please DO NOT try and remove any of the items on the list that will appear after HJT is done scanning.
Also, DO NOT alter your computer (install things, delete things, etc.) after you've posted your HJT log until a trained HJT Team member has posted a solution for you.
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users