Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 & IE starting slowly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blx

blx

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

My mom's had a Windows 7 laptop for about 6 months. She's not very computer savvy and pretty much clicks on anything that moves. The system takes about 5 minutes to start up once she logs in. In addition, I noticed was that when she launches the Internet Explorer app from the Start Menu, starts much more slowly than the one from the desktop.

When she got the machine, I did set her up her user account as a regular user account without admin privs, so hopefully that minimized any damage that  may have occurred.

What's a good regimen of cleaners I can run on her machine to clean it up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 morris88

morris88

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

Usually when my parents pc/laptop gets like this (they also just click anything) I start with just looking through Installed programs on control panel and seeing what is installed in there that is not required.

A lot of the time you will find numerous games/installs that are not required and probably not been used.

Getting rid of those will probably help and also requires no other programs to be downloaded or installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users