Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does the dvd player break?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sinine

sinine

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

First thing - sorry I'm posting this under a wrong subforum, I couldn't fit it in anything else.

Anyway, I just have a general question. My laptop's dvd player has bee "broken" for a looooong time now. I don't have the money to fix it or buy an external one. My question is, why does it break, what happens to it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

Tough ?  Could be mechanical or possibly software.  Go into control panel, hardware & sound, then device manager.  see if there a yellow exclamation mark on the DVD/CD drive?  If not click on it then on the drive, an applet will pop up if it says this device is working properly then it may be software.  Either way close the applet then delete the CD and reboot, this most of the time will reload the drivers.  If that does not work replacement drives are very cheap, you just need to be a little handy to replace it.  There are many films on Youtube showing how to do it.

Phil

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users