Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing files, mostly for defender

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EchoHawk

EchoHawk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

I have tried to download a dozen or so files but the computer does'nt get updated. These are alI "Important" files. Windows gives me some crap about not being able to  install, after 20 or so minutes. Then it says wait while we uninstall certain elements. Another 20 minutes.

I've narrowed them down to the infamous KB291335, KB2267602 and a few others. I've tried everything I know, which is not very much regarding 8.1.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hi,

If your computer won't let you download and install updates to your infection protection it might be a sign that you are infected and it's trying to protect itself.

What scans have you run and what were the results

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 glonner

glonner

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Did a Google search for "windows update" and then your KB codes. This thread (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a61940c9-ad20-41fb-9529-0a2e72c7ee3c/windows-8-update-kb2267602-keeps-appearing-for-installtion?forum=w8itproinstall) says 2267602 is a WIndows Defender update and you should try the offline updater. Have you given that a go? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923159

Have you researched those other updates? What does MS say they're for?

#4 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

In order to install KB291335, you must first have KB2939087 and KB2919442 installed.

Have a great day!

:bananas: :bounce:

#5 EchoHawk

EchoHawk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Thank you to you whom have responded. With a little bit fro every one, blended together I've been able to find some of if not all of the problem is Windows Defender.

So, for now I'm off to track that down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users